Subject: Re: mount_ados checksum errors
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1994 11:39:40
On Oct 20,  6:46pm, Berndt Wulf wrote:
} :Basically, has anyone experienced similar problems, and worked out how to fix it!?!
}
} I had basically the same problem a few weeks ago. I was able to format and read/write the
} ADOS-partition on the ADOS-site, but couldn`t use it on NetBSD. The partition in
} question was previously used as a NetBSD-partition and than reformatted as a ADOS-
} partition. The problem was, that I had no reserved blocks. After changing the number
} of reserved blocks from 0 to 2, using the HD-Toolbox utility,  I was able to mount the
} ADOS-partition on NetBSD.

  Hmm - it looks like the adosfs mount routine requires the reserved blocks
to be 2.  The number of reserved blocks is ignored in the AmigaDOS RDB to
disk label conversion, and is not available to the mount routine in adosfs
when it is computing where the root block is located.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant