Subject: Another MS-DOS mount prob
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1994 16:53:17
root@localhost bash# mount -r -t msdos /dev/sd0f /mnt/fd
msdos: mount: Invalid argument
root@localhost bash# mount_msdos /dev/sd0f /mnt/fd
mount_msdos: mount: Invalid argument
root@localhost bash# ls -la /mnt/fd
total 4
drwx------  2 root  wheel  512 Mar 14  1994 .
drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel  512 Mar 14  1994 ..

Yes, the disklabel says MS-DOS in the fstype field of sd0f

And for this and the last problem (disklabel) that I reported, the binaries
I am using are extremely current - I rebuilt disklabel and the mount programs
with sources supped within the last few days, and the kernel is dated
17 Oct 1994.

Do you have to put a non-zero offset in the MS-DOS partition to skip over
the partition table or something?  I tried 16384 (the offset I had to put
in mtools back when I used 386bsd-0.1) and it didn't help.
--
Respond to vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu