Subject: Re: possible printer problem
To: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1994 15:25:51

> Every time I send a job to the printer, if it's in the middle of
> printing the job, and lpd sends it another one, the printer resets
> and aborts whatever's in the buffer.
>
> I haven't tested with cat to see if it's lpd or the simple open of
> /dev/lpXXX.  This behavior shows up with both lpa and lpt with a
> DeskJet 550C.

Another data point.

It doesn't just abort what's in the buffer; it resets everything.  This
includes top of page settings and everything.

I "THINK" I am using the default device, which (once again) I "THINK" is
a resetting device.  I have been putting off doing anything with it
since I very seldom print anything anymore.

I am going to look closely at the lpt/lpa device numbers and see if it
isn't something that we've done in our setups.