Subject: Re: DDB/pcvt
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcswork.hcs.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1994 19:59:21
> > When is DDB/pcvt/pccons going to put your video mode back to text and
> > restore the keyboard when you drop into the debugger while under X?
[...]
> I think it would be possible for pcvt to detect this situation and take the
> appropriate actions, i.e.:
>
> 	if(there is kernel type output for pcvt)
> 	{
> 		if(the current active window is an X screen)
> 		{
> 			switch kbd back from x to char mode;
> 			switch to char mode vt0;
> 		}
> 	}

No, this does not work as expected, EVERY kernel message (fd errors, tape
soft errors etc.) switches to vt0 if done like above.

I need ideas, please ! How could pcvt possibly detect that it is getting
DDB output ????

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
 Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined (Murphy)