Subject: Re: DDB/pcvt
To: Daniel Carosone <danielce@ee.mu.oz.au>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1994 13:11:38
> > When is DDB/pcvt/pccons going to put your video mode back to text and
> > restore the keyboard when you drop into the debugger while under X?

>Would be nice, yes.  In the meantime, if you configure the kernel for
>the console on a serial port, and stick a terminal there, will DDB
>talk to that instead?

Yes, this is possible, but it reacts *very* funkily with pcvt.  Which
brings up another point on my wish list.  It would really be nice if
you could have a serial console (maybe as "vt"0), and still use pcvt
for the console screens after 0.  Right now, pcvt gets totally
lobotomized if you try to use it at the same time as a serial console.

   Michael L. VanLoon     michaelv@HeadCandy.com     michaelv@iastate.edu
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m