Subject: DDB/pcvt
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1994 02:44:25
Another occasional hang from me doing something weird prompted me to
once again ask myself this question.  So, I'm asking it here...

When is DDB/pcvt/pccons going to put your video mode back to text and
restore the keyboard when you drop into the debugger while under X?
My machine is *always* running X when its up during normal use.  There
are times when I'm able to hang it, and I'm sure if I had just been
running in text mode I could bop on over to vt0 and see what the
kernel debugger has to say about it.  But if you hang while in X,
there's no recourse but to simply reboot, never knowing what killed
the machine so it can get fixed.

I'd really like to see this addressed.  Thanks...

				--Michael

   Michael L. VanLoon     michaelv@HeadCandy.com     michaelv@iastate.edu
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m