Subject: Re: Install; 2 floppy drives
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1994 15:42:06
> >I have thought about this, but the problem to me seems to be, that you
> >need a root device which is _not_ the floppy drive you want to install
> >from.
>
> Isn't this moot now, since there were some recent CVS commits by Adam Glass
> that said "install on 1 floppy now"? :-)

iffy.  those meant "install on one floppy drive now."

you still have to swap disks & reboot more than you should have to,
if you're installing from one floppy drive.  thankfully, it no longer
is necessary for other install methods.

the real solution is, as some have pointed out, to use a memory root,
but the problem with that is that it's really painful to sacrifice
~1.2M, on a 4M machine...

chris