Subject: AKCL - unexec problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/1994 20:58:26
I'm having a real problem getting AKCL to work on my system.
It seems "saved_kcl", which is some unexec-ed image, isn't an executable
file... the first 0x1000 bytes are null, whereupon it resumes a normal
header just like raw_kcl.  I've even replaced the unexec prog with emacs'
19.27 version, but to no avail.  Note that I had to #define start_of_text
&etext and #define start_of_text() ( (char *) 0)

This program used to compile cleanly on 386bsd, what's the rumpus?

(Note: I don't claim to know anything about executable file formats, or
executable images).
Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.
--
Respond to vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu