Subject: Re: 1.0A Repeated "panic: ffs_alloccg" Any ideas?
To: None <apana-lists-os-netbsd-general@apana.org.au>
From: Mark Delany <markd@bushwire.apana.org.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/15/1994 09:40:32
mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu writes:

>Are you running pine on that machine, perhaps?  A couple of other people
>have mentioned problems related to using pine.  Last time I looked,
>there was at least one ftruncate() call with an incorrect type for the

Yes, pine 3.90 is often hanging around at or about the time of the
panic - typically at the instant of sending a mail via sendmail. Don't
know about the person at .anu.edu.au though.

If the theory is correct then it may be ftruncate in conjunction with
something else as pine (albeit 3.87) is running without problems on
another identically supped netbsd system here.

It's a good hint, I'll batten down the hatches and do a bit of
experimenting.

M..