Subject: wierd video board
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1994 00:38:00
  Hi folks.  I realize this is moot with pc mono cards costing all of
$18 now, but it's got me curious.

  I'm trying to boot a 1.0_BETA system on a 386 box (actually, I've
tried two 386's and a 486) and no matter what I do, with this one
particular monochrome video board, the kernel loads, and the machine
resets itself immediately as soon as the kernel starts.  It doesn't
even get to print any messages.  This one board does this in all three
machines, and all three machines behave just fine with different video
boards in them.

  As I said, this is no big deal, but it just made me wonder a bit.
Does this happen to anyone else?

                            -Dave McGuire
                             Operations
                             Digital Express Group, Incorporated