Subject: dvips
To: None <current-users@pain.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/12/1994 15:03:40
I'm at wits end here.  I've been trying to get dvipsk to work and it
just won't work on NetBSD.  I've made it work on other machines.

I've figured out that it's choking on a stat("fontpathname/filename/")
[note the trailing "/"?].  stat returns "Not a directory" which seems
perfectly fine.

However; hockeypux (hpux) doesn't have a problem with this at all so
I don't know who the culprit is.

I wrote a small hunk of test code and that appears to be just the
case.

I've tried to decipher the dvipsk code and it's completely beyond my
current level of energy.

Now; everyone else seems to have been able to get dvips working under
NetBSD (or at least other people on the net) so I'm calling for anyone
who might have a binary they wish to ship me.  I have the standard file
layout for TeX (/usr/local/lib/tex/*) so anyones 'dvips' should work.

Thanx.