Subject: Re: Is there a new tcsh source
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1994 13:45:58
> >I have some problems with my old tcsh. It didn't know 'cd ~gt'
> >It say user gt unknown. But the rest of the system know me. There seems
> >to be also some problems with the 'newlib-1.6' form Cygnus. I can't
> >configure it proper.
>
> I don't know what newlib-1.6 is; if it's from Cygnus, I would expect it to
> use autoconf, which I've never had a problem running under NetBSD; can you
> give us more information?

Newlib is Cygnus' freely redistributable (non-GPL'd) C and math
libraries.  It is designed for embedded targets, and most of the
interfaces are reentrant.

1.6 is it's first release outside of the source trees delivered to
customers, and there have been some reports of configuration problems.
So the problems that the original poster encountered may have been
Cygnus' not NetBSD's.  I encourage him to submit a bug report to
newlib@cygnus.com.

	--jtc