Subject: Re: patch for share/man/man4/Makefile to help small machines
To: None <Julian.H.Stacey@regent.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1994 12:59:36
Here's an analysis of your `bug report' concerning bsd.subdir.mk.
Frankly, it's an *extremely* bad report, one of the worst ever sent to
one of our lists.  I'm sending this to current-users in the hope that
people will take note of it, and attempt to send better bug reports in
the future.

Remember, *your* problems get fixed faster and *you* get a much
friendlier response if you send a decent bug report!  Really!  Bad or
misdirected bug reports may get dropped indefinitely.

Anyway, an annotated copy of your mail: