Subject: Re: PS/2 mouse how to?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Phillip F. Knaack <flipk@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1994 20:34:21
In <199410042225.RAA08914@MindBender.HeadCandy.com>
    Michael L. VanLoon <michaelv@HeadCandy.com> writes:

>I just set up a NetBSD-1.0_Beta machine in the Telecommunications
>machine room (a NetBSD machine among a sea of AT&T equipment, how
>ironic ;-) here at ISU, and it runs excellent.  Except the dang thing
>came with a PS/2 mouse, and I can't get it to work with XFree86.  When
>I try to move it, it jerks all over the place on the screen, and menus
>pop on and off on the root window.  Something definitely isn't right.

>I've seen PS/2 mouse discussions fly by here before.  I'm using the
>standard pms0 driver that is provided in current.  What should I be
>using/doing to make the PS/2 mouse work with XFree86?

Are you using the ``PS2Aux'' keyword in the Xconfig? Don't .. :)

Use the ``busmouse'' keyword instead. The kernel's driver apparently
does some translation. You'd use the ps2aux keyword if you were
connecting your mouse to a serial port, and the server would have to
speak the ps2 mouse language.

Cheers,
Phil

--