Subject: Re: Rmail queues everything?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1994 12:49:37
Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com> wrote on Mon, 03 Oct 1994 16:38:27 -0400:
> I guess my biggest complaint is that lots of smail sites don't seem to
> handle MX records.  Now people tell me that smail definately _does_ handle
> MX records; I believe them, but I've encountered a _lot_ of sites that run
> smail that don't!  I guess these sites are mis-configured, and I'm only
> noticing the ones that are screwed up, but it sure seems like there are a
> lot of them out there :-(  (I don't understand why it's even possible to build
> a version of smail that doesn't support MX records!).

I noticed this, much to my annoyance, when we upgraded (at work) to a newer
Linux version (slackware). Suddenly all smail config files were supposed to be
in another place, thereby screwing up by ignoring the configs we had set.
All outgoing mail remained queued for a few weeks, until we noticed. When I
finally did, it turned out that the "updated" version of smail also didn't do MX
records, so I had to find some other version that did.

On the other hand, the smail config files are quite understandable.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl     Ooey-Gooey-Fluffy-Barfie
\X/ I'm not weird, I'm differently percepted. D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96