Subject: SCSI info with i386 port
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1994 23:58:58
I have a question that I was wondering if anybody could give me some info
about.  Does NetBSD-1.0 Beta support Wide SCSI-2, or SCSI-3?  I have seen a few
machines come out recently that say they support Wide SCSI-2, and one that
claimed support for SCSI-3.  While I doubt the claim of SCSI-3 compliance (
Last I heard, the SCSI-3 committee was still a long way away from agreeing on
the standard, but I could be totally wrong about that ), I would be interested
in getting a Wide SCSI-2 board if they were supported.  Does anybody know of
any SCSI board, of course with the exception of the 'evil, wicked and nasty'
Adaptec boards, that support Wide SCSI-2?

Thanks for any info,
Brian Moore
ziff@eecs.umich.edu