Subject: Re: kernel compile problems
To: None <bryan@bwyan.anu.edu.au>
From: Jarle Greipsland <jarle@idt.unit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1994 13:25:37
bryan collins <bryan@bwyan.anu.edu.au> writes:
[ ... ]
>>> ../../i386/locore.s:144: unterminated character constant
>>> ../../i386/locore.s:487: unterminated character constant
>>> ../../i386/locore.s:566: unterminated character constant

> I'm using binaries compiled from the sept 12th source.
> 102 ~ > file `which cpp`
> /usr/libexec/cpp: NetBSD/i386 demand paged dynamically linked executable
       ^^^^^^^
Ordinary human beings are not supposed to have /usr/libexec in their PATH,
and certainly not in front of /usr/bin.  If you take a look at
/usr/bin/cpp, the cpp you *should* be using, you'll find that it's a shell
script that tries to convince /usr/libexec/cpp to operate differently than
what it would do by default.  I suggest you reshuffle your PATH and try
again.

					-jarle
----
"My psychiatrist says I have a messiah complex.  But I forgive him."
				-- Jim Carrey