Subject: Re: proc table mismatch?
To: None <apana-lists-os-netbsd-general@apana.org.au>
From: G C Wing <mason@werple.apana.org.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1994 23:15:49
michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com) writes:
:>michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com) writes:
:>:>when I tried to do a "ps" I got an error message along the lines of:
:>:>proc table mismatch([number] 640 blocks)
:>:You need to rebuild your libkvm and/or your ps binary.  (Rebuilding
:>:both being the best alternative, rebuilding libkvm first.)
[..something somewhat wrong I wrote deleted - of course, ps is static..]
:Also, don't forget to do a ``make depend'' after getting new sources.
:In fact, in most cases, a ``make depend all'' should be enough -- a
:``make clean'' shouldn't be necessary as long as you do a make depend.
:Of course, for the most sure-fire results, doing a ``make clean depend
:all'' will guarantee you the best of all results, at a cost in cpu
:cycles.

I had to "make clean" because when I did a "make depend", the new .depend
was functionally the same as the previous .depend and I was still getting
errors, so I just cleaned out all the old objects, rather than looking for
the culprit.
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@werple.apana.org.au     Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT