Subject: Re: pmap and kvm nonsense
To: None <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1994 15:17:27
	   #4 is a particularly distasteful tactic.

Excuse me, but who the Hell are you?  I don't see you maintaining one
of the 68k-based ports.  The main branch of the CVS tree is for
development.  If the code doesn't compile for a nanosecond, that's
*too bad*.

As it is, there was no way for me to deal with the hp300 changes I
made without either using a mass of #ifdefs or a separate file, which
is simply not going to happen.

	   Minimally, the changes
	   to libkvm should have been coordinated with the m68k maintainers
	   so that situations like #4 wouldn't happen.

If there had been any coordination, `pt_entry_t' and `st_entry_t'
never would have been *removed* from the Amiga port in the first
place.