Subject: Re: Politically Correct way of doing password authentication?
To: None <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/18/1994 03:41:39
Speaking of using setreuid, should the version of pppd that is included with
NetBSD-current circa 9/16/94 be using setreuid and setregid?  They are in
/usr/src/usr.sbin/pppd/main.c.  Looking at the man page for setreuid and
setregid, it seems that they should be changed to setuid and setgid since they
just set the same value to the real and effective user/group ID.  I'm not
exactly sure if changing these things would effect the rest of the code ( hell,
I just use pppd I don't understand it :) ), I just mentioned it in case nobody
else noticed.

Cheers,
	--Brian