Subject: Re: duplicated inodes
To: jason downs <downsj@csos.orst.edu>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/1994 14:36:30
In message <199409162050.NAA00715@nemesis.CSOS.ORST.EDU>you write:
->does anyone else see a lot of duplicated inodes after during a lot of
->disk access? (a lot == building the world or something equally as large.)

Yes.  But only on my SCSI-drive(M2624SA) that did not do auto-remapping of bad
sectors.  The errors generated by this drive were put out by the kernel,
but apparently not or not always did the filesystem check for these,
because only around 10% of the kernel errors generated write failures.

What I desparetely needed then was some scsi-format and remp utility.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de