Subject: Re: Help request on kerberos
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
From: Mark Gooderum <gooderum@sctc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/1994 09:55:12
Funny you should ask...

The NetBSD support for kerberos has the framework for starting the servers
and the client side support for things like login, passwd, ftp, etc.

To build the servers you have to fetch the kerberos dist from somewhere
else.  I'm not really sure why the Kerberos dist was dropped from the
NetBSD tree, it might be a combination of size, complexity, and some
DES export issues, I really don't know.

Anyway, I just fetched the FreeBSD kerberosIV tree about a week ago and
just built the servers last night.  I had to fix a few things including
hunting down one magic missing DES file, some Makefile differences, and
some FreeBSD/NetBSD install compatibility issues (NetBSD install won't
take -c and -d, FreeBSD does).  I've got the servers all built and
the libs built including shared versions.

Now I've got to get it configured (to see if it really works) and fix
a couple of minor build/Makefile problems.  Once this is done, I'll make
the whole thing available for anonymous ftp (my home network, Good.com,
will be full time on the net by the end of the week...).

Unless you're in a big hurry, wait a week or so and hopefully I'll have it
working.

-Mark