Subject: Re: Help request on kerberos
To: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1994 10:08:59
>Dear NetBSDers,
>   I have a lab of 12 PC's set up running NetBSD 1.0_Beta.  I would like to
>user kerberos for having distributed passwords.  There apears in the /etc/rc
>and /etc/netstart some facility for enabeling a kerberos server, yet for
>some reason I do not have the kerberos program (presumably in /sbin or
>/usr/sbin.
>   Can someone point me to where I should look for the source and any
>documentation on getting kerberos up and running in this setting?
>   Thanks in advance,
>johnh...

Kerberos requires a dedicated server (i.e. a machine not used for
anything but kerberos).  You can find the kerberos sources on
gatekeeper.dec.com, among other places.

      Michael L. VanLoon                         michaelv@HeadCandy.com
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m