Subject: Need help with Elm configuration Problem
From: Danny Lepage <poutine@M3iSystems.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1994 10:44:37
As the subject says it, I need some advise to configure Elm.

I got Elm-alpha and compiled it, no problem.

But when I start it, I get something like :
'currently receiving mail, attempt # [1-7]
please try later'

My guess is that elm is not able to get the lock file.

Elm is set to group id wheel.
/var/mail is rwxrwxr-x root wheel (so elm should have acces to it)

The elm lock directory is set to /var/spool/lock (I'm not sure if it's the
right place, as /var/spool/lock is rwxr-xr-x uucp deamon, so is
/var/spool/lock only use for uucp locks ? if so,  is there another
directory under NetBSD where the locks are usually put. In particular,
what is the directory that sendmail use for is lock files ?)

I configured elm to use dot locking, flock and fcntl?? locking, setgid.

Any pointers to what I might be doing wrong would be really appreciated.

Danny Lepage
poutine@M3iSystems.QC.CA
dlepage@CAM.ORG