Subject: Problems with X and -current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1994 21:20:40
Is anybody else having problems with XFree86 2.1.1 and the latest current from
about 7/14 through the yesterday's sources?  What happens is that after
anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours of working on an xsession started from xdm
or startx, the keyboard gets disassociated from the console.  The computer
isn't locked up, and any jobs ( like FTP transfers ) I started before the
keyboard problem just keep running.  Also another weird things is that my xload
program shows the load to be steadily increasing from the time the keyboard
died. Unfortunately, I'm always at home and can't just telnet in to check this
out.  Didn't this happen before, where the X server would go nuts and just keep
on taking up processor time?  I am using the binaries from ftp.laas.fr with the
aperture lkm driver.  If anyone could suggest anything for me to look at to
try to diagnose this thing, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian Moore