Subject: 1024 Byte Sectors
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mark Gooderum <gooderum@sctc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1994 14:31:04
Is there anything funky with using a disk w/1024 byte sectors?

I can label it, but newfs bails on the charecter device - it always complains
about writing the last sector right away, like:

	wtfs: Invalid argument
	write error: 299909

Where the problem number is always the last sector of the partition.
If I newfs with the block device it completes okay but fsck barfs badly,
unable to find any superblock (it always complains about bad magic number).

This is a PC BTW...the drive is an older (SCSI-1) drive of about 600M.

The drive appears to read/write okay.  I can dd on and off the disk over
the sectors that complain without any errors.

Suggestions on where to look?

-Mark