Subject: Re: sz/rz
To: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/20/1994 18:55:00
> has anyone ported the old sz/rz programs to NetBSD?
>
> i've got sz partially working, but rz is very confused. zmodem does not
> quite comprehend of quad off_t in general, it seems.

I have rz 3.10 and sz 3.16 working. "make bsd" worked out of the
box as far as I remember. The off_t changes don't affect it, because
all file io is done with fopen() and friends.

A slightly hacked version which supports "make posix" is on
ftp.owl.de:/pub/unix-connect. This version gives nice status
display when called as "rz -vv" from Seyon [or cu], but I somehow broke
it: it doesn't work when you dial in via modem and try to download a file
from the NetBSD box.

I didn't care to fix this (yet), because my NetBSD box doesn't have dial up
access. If you diff it against the original version, you could easily separate
the posix hacks from the [broken] cosmetic changes.

Martin

--
UNIX - An operating system similar to OS-9, but with less functionality
and special features designed to soak up excess memory, disk space and