Subject: Novice with few questions.
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu,>
From: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/1994 12:01:25
     When I was trying to upgrade from NetBSD 0.9 to 1.0 Beta, I had
     problems and I had to install them again.
     1. The main problem was that the method of mounting the msdos file
     system.  I followed FAQ and mounted DOS partition on NetBSD 0.9 fine,
     but when I upgraded to 1.0 Alpha it did not work.  The disklabel also
     did not work like the old version, and I screwed up the Boot sector.
     My question is how do you mount DOS partition with NetBSD 1.0 Alpha or
     Beta using new disklabel command?

     2. Obviously, when I screwed up the boot sector, I lost everything
     (fortunately everything can be reloaded).  I have managed to upgrade
     my machine to NetBSD 1.0 Beta with XFree86-2.1.1.  When I tried to
     re-compile mtools, however, I got errors I did not have before! There
     were several errors of this:
     "parse.o: Undefined Symbols '_strcpy` referenced from text segment"
     I guess this is because I now have shared libraries.  What do I have
     to do to compile these?  Is there any document I can look up?

     Sorry if this is FAQ.

     Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

     Kang