Subject: Re: What SCSI controller?
To: None <mmead@vt.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/1994 01:43:28
>> I think your only viable option is the BusLogic bt445s.  If you have
>> an EISA or PCI bus, use a model for those instead (bt747s, bt946c, or
>> a NCR810 controller).  But if you only have ISA+VLB, go for the
>> bt445s.

>	So that's a BusLogic 445s.  Is that board going to work ok?  I
>administrate a machine which has problems with a BusLogic (I think)
>controller, and am hoping it will start working with 1.0 :-)  Thanks again...

There are tons of people using them, sucessfully.  I don't know why it
wouldn't work.  Of course, they might act flakey under 0.9.  Also, VLB
is a *very* loose "standard", and it may be your motherboard, also.
(Try moving it to a different slot, for one possible solution.)

      Michael L. VanLoon                         michaelv@HeadCandy.com
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m