Subject: Possible problem in m68k source sup on 8/7?
To: None <amiga-dev@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: William J Coldwell <billc@icecube.cryogenic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/1994 18:44:22
I don't believe this is Amiga specific, since our source tree hasn't changed
since before the 4th (which was the last supscan), which is why I'm
crossposting.

Ok, so I've been doing this for a while now, and everything has been pretty
smooth until today.  I did a sup today and got the changes since Aug 4, and
did a kernel build, and then started a full binary build.  When it started to
compile the /src/bin directory (cat, which is the first dir), it did the
compile, then puked with a:

groff: couldn't exec troff: Unknown error: 34072966
groff: couldn't exec grotty: Unknown error: 34072966

Argh.. now something as simple as pstat -s gives me malloc: Unknown error:
33999238

From then on, it was downhill.  I got complaints that /var/run//dev.tmp:
Inappropriate file type or format when I rebooted (yes, with the double
slashes)... so, I rebooted, made my altroot my primary, and everything was
fine... until I did the make build for full binaries.. then again, the
"problem" happened.

So, my speculation is that the recent changes to the m68k library routines
are causing a problem.  I realize that this isn't a proper bug filing report,
but I want to be sure that it's not just something _I've_ screwed up.

Any suggestions?

--
 William J. Coldwell - billc@iceCuBE.cryogenic.com - Cryogenic Software