Subject: Re: X troubles (SOLVED)
To: None <jfw@ksr.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/1994 15:58:09
>Date: Thu, 04 Aug 94 22:20:37 -0400
>From: "John F. Woods" <jfw@ksr.com>

>Does anyone know offhand if the temptingly empty DIP sockets on my
>Cirrus Logic GD5426-based AVGA3VL video board can be filled with memory
>to bring it up to 2Mb?  Will they have carefully used a VRAM pinout
>only available to them?  (The "manual"[*] that accompanied the board
>documents 2MB, and doesn't describe how one gets from 1MB to 2MB.)

All RAM pinouts (except the newest, weirdest ones) are JEDEC
standards.  What are the part numbers on the VRAMs that are already on
the board?  Who manufactured them?  As far as I know you should only
be in trouble if they're parts that are old and have been
discontinued.

Of course, getting the board to USE the extra memory after you've
installed it may be a problem.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)