Subject: Re: Adaptec 1742
To: Ken Hornstein <epiwrl!wrl.EPI.COM!kenh@uunet.uu.net>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1994 21:03:23
>>>there are any cards that are 1742 compatible (but hey, if someone knows
>>>different, please let us know!)

>>>PS - We ended up getting a BusLogic 742; very happy with it.
>>
>>Um... what do you think the bt742a and bt747s are? ;-)

>I didn't think they were Adaptec 1742 compatible; that's why they have a
>different driver, right?  Or do you mean something else?

OK, point well taken.  I believe they started out as 1742 compatible
(correct me if I'm wrong) but diverged.  However, I believe they still
will work with drivers that don't use every extended option of their
command language.

Also, they are pretty much functionally equivelant, and almost
identical to the driver (very small differences).  And, the point is
moot on NetBSD anway, since they both work equally well with the O/S.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.