Subject: Re: Help? Cannot sup.
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1994 03:27:14
>wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case) writes:
>> I'm having a bit of trouble getting sup going, and I was wondering if
>> anybody could help me.
>>
>> I am running 1.0-alpha on the Mac, have rebuilt sup and term (v. 1.18).
>> I connect up with term, it works OK, so far as I know. (trsh ls returns
>> output from the other side.)  I think I may have a configuration
>> problem.  Here is some statistics:

>You can't run sup over a term connection, at least not the last
>time I checked.  Term is not a true network connection, and each
>program which runs over it must be specifically written to use it.

Actually, I used to sup over term all the time.  The last version it
worked with was 1.14.  The later versions all on my root stuff, so sup
didn't work anymore.  I'm sure it's fixable, but I'm not willing to
spend the time on it anymore since I have a real SLIP/PPP connection.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.