Subject: trouble labeling floppies?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1994 18:58:55
I'm probably out of sync (since I thought I remember someone talking about
this already), but using a kernel I built today, I could not label a floppy
to save my life.

I finally commented out the error return in disklabel.c and then it worked.

                if (ioctl(f, DIOCSDINFO, lp) < 0 &&
                    errno != ENODEV && errno != ENOTTY) {
                        l_perror("ioctl DIOCSDINFO");
/*                      return (1);*/
                }

My kernel is from a sup yesterday and I rebuilt the disklabel today.

I'll do more homework on this tommorow - just thought I'd say something.

-brad