Subject: Re: more(1) is broken
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/30/1994 17:38:18
> I can't reproduce this with either pccons or pcvt.  Are you sure
> you're using a correct termcap entry?

It actually sounds to me more like what I see when the terminal size
determined by more(1) doesn't match the real size.  This can happen
either by having incorrect nonzero values in the kernel ("stty size")
or by having zeroes in the kernel and having a terminal type set whose
termcap entry specifies a size different from the actual size.

Check "stty size" and perhaps try "stty rows 25 cols 80" (I think you
said 80x25, didn't you?) and see if that helps any.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu