Subject: GET THIS BOOK :)
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@alice.wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1994 00:15:01
Just for those amongst you who have the tollerance to satire and the
time, get this book:

	The UNIX Haters Handbook
	Simson Garfinkel, Daniel Weise & Steven Strassmann
	Publisher: IDG Books
	ISBN: 1-56884-203-1

This is a wonderfully caustic look at UNIX and the like, with
section titles like "UNIX - The world's first computer virus" and
"The Motif Self Abuse Kit". It is based on the UNIX-HATERS mailing
list, which I am immediately off to join (anyone got the subscription
deatils ?).

I hope you can all laugh at *yourselves* (me included), since it
is *very* critical, but with humour.

I got a pre-press UK copy. I guess it out in the US. I have been
ROTFL since I got it, and laughing out loud on the bus home from
work is not looked upon well in this country... sigh.

(Pls note this is cc'ed to another mailing list so be careful of reply-to
addresses).

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy					work: peter@demon.co.uk