Subject: Re: Find a way for a monthly distribution
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1994 22:01:35

[ ... much on monthly releases deleted... ]

> What you release today isn't worth a whit if it isn't a viable
> platform _tomorrow_, because people are going to run it _then_.

Finally, something that I feel qualified to speak on.

I am a Configuration Manager by trade; have been for about 15 years.
If one of the programmers at my shop were to come in and tell me that
they wanted to do monthly releases on ANY of our systems, regardless of
the complexity, I would personally kick them in the head.  The SHORTEST
time I will consider for a regular release is semi-annual.