Subject: None
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1994 17:02:08
I just wanted to apologize if my previous note sounded harsh.

It was (hindsight is allways 20/20) a bad idea to write a plea
for help after spending 4 hours of getting nowhere with getty and
about 5 hours reading all the current-users archives and finding nothing.

I dont mean to put the guys at netbsd down in any way.  Quite honestly,
If I didnt think it was the best OS.. i wouldnt have been using it since 0.8
and i definately wouldnt be trying to figure it out rather than just
"install something else".

Though I may not agree with certain portions of what you guys are coding,
(and who doesnt?) I overall like the OS..

I guess what Im saying is...  I fear change.  ;)
Thanx to the people who replied.. Hopefully the ttyflags wil fix this..

perhaps it would be a good idea to include a small "recipie" for setting
up cu/tip/getty and whatnot for thier various functions included in the
1.0 release.  I do remeber having a conniption or two when I originally
got things working with 0.8.

again.  sorry if my note upset anyone..  I didnt mean for it to..
but we all know what 9 hours of consistant "bsd rejection" can do to someone.

:)