Subject: Re: multiple X servers under pcvt?
To: None <XFree86-beta@xfree86.org>
From: J Wunsch <j@julia.tcd-dresden.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1994 09:43:18
As John Kohl wrote:

| I've tried running two X servers on separate virtual consoles under
| pcvt, to do some debugging.  However, when I do so, I end up with a
| keyboard in the wrong mode when I switch between X servers (I don't
| recall exactly when the keyboard mode gets lost, but it's real easy to
| do).

(Hellmuth Michaelis has also forwarded me this.)

I never had problems with running multiple servers under pcvt. This
is with FreeBSD ~ 1.1. Last time i did this in order to answer David
W's ``Please do a test for me'' request, and i've extensively tested
the XFree86 2.1.1 versus 3.0C servers, running them on two different
vty's and comparing the results of `xgc'.

Can you gimme a hint on how to reproduce the phenomenon?
--
cheers, J"org                             work:    joerg_wunsch@tcd-dresden.de
                                          private:   joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de