Subject: Re: Current Report
To: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1994 11:53:19
In message <Pine.3.89.9407210706.B21268-0100000@btr.btr.com>, "Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com" writes:

>On Tue, 19 Jul 1994, Bill Squier wrote:
>
>> In message <9407191415.AA13410@aggregate.com>, Mark P. Gooderum writes:
>>
>> >The biggest problem is I have random SEGV core dumps again.  I've only got
>> [...]
>> This is the exact RAM size and symptoms that occur on my Amiga ('030) running
>> NetBSD-current (Jul-17 sup).  However, I don't even need X running.
>> Compiles run for what seems to be a random length of time, and then--
>> spurious SIGSEGV.
>>
>I used to have the same problems on my 4MB '030 A2500.  It was occuring
>consistently and quite randomly.  That was before I learned about the
>little problem with mfs if you don't specify a max size.  Sounds to me
> [...]

That problem bit me a long time ago, and I've been running without mfs
for quite a while (with so little RAM, even limiting mfs seemed like a
poor use of resources, so I took it out, and performance is still
good.)

However, the above problem was solved (just last night @ 2:00am :-) )
GVP '030 had some SIMM wierdness.  Swapped 1-4 positions with 5-8
positions and everything works like a charm.  Could have been a badly
seated one, or could be some GVP PAL logic wierdness, who knows.

I'll post a little something over on the `amiga' list too.

-wps