Subject: Re: I NEED INFORMATION ON THE AST MULTIPORT SERIAL MULTIPLEX DRIVER
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1994 09:14:23
> only put the board in enhanced mode if you plan to use it with their ScO
> Xenix driver.  Otherwise, you should run it in compatible mode.  I assume
> that the NetBSD driver that supports the AST supports it in enhanced mode?

Yes.

> through com3 are slaves to this board.  Is it legal to put two standard
> serial ports in a machine, labeling them com0 and com1 and then putting the
> ast in and calling the ports it has com2-com5?

Yes.

> it using irq 3.  If the board is set to use a different interrupt, can you
> change the config line to match and expect it to work?  Also, should
> sharing of interrupts be enabled or disabled?

Yes. Share the interrupts on your four-port card, but don't share any
interrupts generated from multiple cards!

My four-port clone has worked fine for me since early April...

Martin

--
UNIX - An operationg system similar to OS-9, but with less functionality
and special features designed to soak up excess memory, disk space and