Subject: problem with page fault trap on i386
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Eric J. Haug <ejh@slueas.slu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1994 13:35:25
I have a very recent current Jul-19.
I have been abusing it by trying to compile X11R5.
The sources are on a Sun, NFS mounted to the netbsd box.
At seemingly random places the kernel was rebooting.
I compiled again with ddb and obtained a trace
The panic was a vm_fault, page fault trap code=0
nfs_timer+030
A trace command to the debugger yielded:
nfs_timer()
softclock()
Xsoftclock()
Xsoftnet()
nfs_readrpc()
nfs_doio()
nfssvc_iod()
nfssvc()
syscall (number 155)

Anyone have any thoughts?  The computer is still in the debugger
and will be left there for a bit
if someone has some thoughts about the problem.

This hardware setup has compiled the source tree several times
The source is also nfs mounted.
Hardware is a 486-33, wd0, ne2000, 32Mb memory, com0,1 lpt0, et4000 clone
Swap is only 24 megs or so.

eric