Subject: Re: Anyone has a HPPA port?
To: None <Jan-Hinrich.Fessel@quantum.de, glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@cs.utah.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1994 13:08:48
We have a 4.3 BSD that runs on the 834/835 (I don't think the 825 was that
different).  However, it has HP proprietary code and would require your
signing a NDA with HP.

On another front, there is hope that we will be able to release nearly
complete kernel source for Mach 3.0 on the hp700 soon.  That would contain
most of what you need.  I cannot give you a date when this will happen
however.

Anyway, this Mach used to run on the 835 but has atrophied over time.
It would have most of what you need, including some rudimentary CIO drivers
for the HP-IB disk, 6-port MUX, and LAN (the drivers we use in BSD for
these devices are not the same, we use old HP-UX drivers there).