Subject: Re: X11R6,i386 Makefile probs.
To: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1994 16:45:51
andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de (Andrew Wheadon) writes:
> I've just been messing with X11R6 to try and get it to compile under
> NetBSD-current, anyway it's failing at the point of making a main
> Makefile.

The version of XFree86 that comes with X11R6 is pretty useless,
since many of our patches weren't integrated in time for release.
I don't encourage you to try to fix it -- Even if you can get
everything running, the servers are slow and unstable.

Until XFree86 3.1 is released, I strongly recommend sticking with
R5.

That being said, you can fix the current problem you're having by
changing:

	ftruncate(fileno(tmpfd), 0);

to:

	ftruncate(fileno(tmpfd), (off_t)0);