Subject: XFree exits.
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Per A. Amundsen <per-am@hsr.no>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1994 08:59:17
I have just upgraded to current with gcd's latest binaries and sys-sources
supped on July 11.  Everythings seems to work, except that Xfree.2.0
(xinit) immediately exits with:

XIO: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on server 0:0 after 0 requests ...

It did work for a while during installation with the new GENERICAHA kernel and binaries
till about the time I did a 'MAKEDEV all'. The old trick of linking
/dev/console to /dev/vga doesn't seem to work any more, neither does compiling
a kernel with securitylevel = -1.

My Xfree is the binary 2.0-distribution from grasp.insa-lyon.fr from
about February 11.

Has anyone an idea what I may have overlooked?

By the way, I am a happy NetBSD user for more than a year now. Keep up
the good work!
						Per A.

--
Per Amund Amundsen        		     Email:  per-am@hsr.no