Subject: Re: AHA-1522 reminder...
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, burgess@s069.infonet.net>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/1994 09:23:13
> Could someone remind about why we can't use Adaptec 1522 controllers?
> iCo

Maybe we can.  I've asked this question, Charles Hannum has asked this
question.

The aic6360 driver *may* work for an AIC-6260 as well (what is used in the
1522 controller).  However, I and he haven't heard from anyone using
this driver with anything other than a AIC-6360.  Jarle Greipsland wrote
this driver.  I made one minor change that let the probe maybe work with
a 6260 (it used a register only available on the 6360) and cooexist with
some DOS device drivers for this same board (that left the board in a
somewhat odd state that the original probe didn't like).  Charles Hannum
did some further cleanup and it's now really in the NetBSD source tree.

However, we'd really like to know:

	Has anyone used the aic6360 driver with anything other than
	an AIC-6360, like an Adaptec 1520/1522 adapter?

The 6360 is found on some motherboard embedded SCSI controllers as well
as some multi-media boards including the SoundBlaster SCSI-2.

-Mark