Subject: Re: Problems building -current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, scottr@plexus.com,>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1994 08:31:19
>    I haven't used an obj directory since I started compiling NetBSD-
>    current last fall [...]
>
> `Whatever floats your boat.'  But I can tell you from personal
> experience that obj.$(ARCH) directories come in really handy when
> compiling for two architectures.

I also like pointing the obj dirs at a /usr/obj.  Then it's easy to
leave /usr/obj out of any backups if you're squeezed for tape space, which
is easy for anyone not using something like a DAT or Exebyte drive.
You also don't need a bunch of obj.arch dirs/links cluttering your source
dirs since /usr/obj will/can be arch unique at one level.

-Mark