Subject: Re: oops..crypt is from .au
To: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1994 17:34:36
> Sorry, my memory failed me when I mentioned libcrypt being european...
> It's being used in Europe but the author David Burren is naturally from
> Australia. (davidb@werj.com.au)

Something has recently been brought to my attention RE crypto stuff
exporting from australia - the Australian laws _may_ be as harsh as
the US laws regarding export. I haven't received an official
confirmation of this though.

[It's ironic, isn't it. If the US gov. passed the clipper laws, I read
that the Aussie gov. would have pushed it through pretty fast too (and
the dutch gov. too I also read.) BUT, I doubt we'd change our crypto
export laws if the US  relaxed theres...]