Subject: upgrade problem (again)
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mark Townley <mark@praxis.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1994 11:11:55
hi all,

I'm having a problem upgrading my current version as of 15th April
to the 4th June sources (I only just got round to trying a build).

What I've done :

cd /usr/src/include; make && make install
cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config; make && make install
cd /sys/arch/i386/conf; config <MYHOST>
cd ../compile/<MYHOST>; make; cp netbsd /netbsd.new

then when I reboot I get

usual kernel output stuff...
Automatic reboot in progress...
/dev/rwd0a: CANNOT SEEK: BLK 16
/dev/rwd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed... help!

I have the COMPAT_09 option in my kernel.  The only other option
I've added is the GATEWAY option.

I've read all the necessary current mail messages but still not sure
how to get around this problem.  Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Mark Townley

Praxis
20 Manvers St