Subject: Build of ldconfig fails if using "old" make
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 07/04/1994 19:08:04
I just tried building /usr/src supped on Saturday and the build failed
doing a "make depend" in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld/ldconfig, because make
choked on the line

	CFLAGS += -DSTANDARD_SEARCH_DIRS="\"/usr/lib\", \"/usr/X386/lib\""

This was building on a system that had been last built around the begining
of June.  I compiled and installed the version of make in the latest sources
and it worked fine.

This is presumably not a problem if you have kept relatively current (I'm not
sure how old your make has to be for you to trip over this problem) but I
thought I'd post this incase anyone else found it happening to them...

Duncan